Pacific Institute of Fire and Safety Management
Fire and Safety Management: A Challenging Profession
Fire Engineering can be defined as the application of scientific and engineering principles, rules & expert judgments, based on understanding of the phenomenon and effects of fire, its reactions and behavior of people, property and the environment from the destructive effects of fire.
- To impart professional training in Fire Engineering, Safety and Disaster Management to cater to the needs of private and public sectors, government and municipal fire services in and out of India.
- To provide qualified and well trained fire service and safety personnel for the above mentioned organisations.
- To procure training material/equipment and literature etc.
- To arrange students visits to various plants/ industrial establishments/fire brigades.
- To upgrade and modernise the fire fighting equipments through research and development.
- To advise the Government and the agencies in framing policies in the field of Fire Engineering and Safety Management.
- Safety Manager
- Fire Protection Technician
- Safety Inspector
- Safety Supervisor
- Fire Officer
- HSE Engineer
- Environment Engineer
- Safety Steward
- Fire Supervisor
- Driver–cum-Pump Operator
- Safety Assistant
- Safety Engineer
- Fire Engineer
- Safety Officer
|Diploma in Health, Safety & Environment||10+2 with Science/ITI/Ag.||1 Yr.|
|Diploma in Industrial Safety & Disaster Management||10+2 (From Any Stream)||1 Yr.|
|Diploma in Fire and Safety Management||12th pass||1 Yr.|
|B.Sc. in Fire Tech. & Industrial Safety Management||10+2 (From Any Stream)||3 Yrs.|
|PG Diploma - Health, Safety & Environment||B.Sc./BE/B.Tech.(From Any Stream)||1 Yr.|
|PG Diploma - Fire & Safety Management||Graduate in any Stream||1 Yr.|
|PG Diploma - Industrial Safety Management||Graduate in any Stream||1 Yr.|
Admission in Fire & Safety Management Programmes are through University Joint Entrance Test (UJET), State & National level entrance test. Direct admission can be obtained on merit cum preference basis.