Seminars & Conferences
30th IAOMR National Conference Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology
National Conference of Dental Surgeons sums-up with great success and knowledge enrichment
Dr. Tomohiro Okano & Dr. RamchandraModattigowda were International keynote Speakers
Over 700 delegates participated from all over the world
30th National IAOMR Conference was organized at Pacific Dental College and Hospital Debari, PAHER University from 23rd to 25th Nov 2018, under the aegis of Indian Academy of oral medicine and Radiology. It is for the first time that this conference is held in Rajasthan even after 30 years of inception of this specialty. Oral medicine and radiology is that specialty of dentistry which deals with treatment of medically compromised patients, diagnosis of oral diseases, treatment of soft tissue lesions of oral cavity, management of temperomandibular joint disorders, orofacial pain disorders treatments, dentomaxillofacial radiology including CBCT etc.
The preconference courses for faculty and post graduates were namely. Faculty development programme conducted by Dr. AnjanaBagewadi, DrVaishaliKeluskar and Dr. MuktaMotwani.Diagnostic Arthroscopy and Arthrocentesis conducted by Dr. Nehal Patel.Occlusal splint therapy – Heal the TMJ conducted by Dr. AvinashKshar.Strengthening cessation capacity for tobacco control among dental professionals conducted by Dr. Manu Mathur and Dr. Ashutosh.Radiotherapy – The invisible healer of silent killers conducted by Dr. Ramesh Purohit at Geetanjali dental college.
Around 700 delegates registered for this conference from all over the world. There were four Keynote lectures delivered. Dr. Tomohiro Okano, faculty of Tokyo Dental college travelled all the way from Japan to speak on “Cone Beam CT: Basics and clinical applications”. He elaborated on recent trends of CBCT all over the world and research and development of CBCT in Japan. Dr. AjitDinkar gave a keynote on Forensic Dentistry – Trends in India. Dr. Tatu Joy travelled from Kanyakumari to enlighten the delegates about Neuromuscular Dentistry for OMR as a keynote. Most importantly Dr. RamchandraModattigowda travelled all the way from London to address the delegates about the importance of oral medicine and Radiology, with Keynote title “Beyond the Boundaries of Vermilion Border”.
The inauguration ceremony was on 23rd November evening at Pacific Dental College. The Chief Guest of the occasion was Dr. BharathShetty, MLA from North Mangalore constituency, member DCI, past Vice President Dental Council of India. He spoke about the scope of oral medicine and radiology and how the branch should improvise to increase the demand of this specialty. Guest of honor Dr. A. BhagwandasRai spoke about the specialty to reform its curriculum, clinical acumen to Innovate, Improvise and Integrate the subject. Organizing Chairman Dr. Mohit Pal Singh gave the welcome address, Dr. HemantMathur the Organizing secretary gave the thanks giving. Treasurer Dr.Bhuvaneshwari and the scientific chairman Dr. Archana MS spoke about the event. The ceremony was graced by various dignitaries from various backgrounds, including Registrar of PAHER University, Deans and Directors of various faculties of PAHER University. Principals of various Dental colleges of Udaipur also graced the occasion with their presence.
Guest Speakers from various dental colleges of India enlightened the audience by delivering various lectures namely. Clinical diagnostic skills in oral medicine and radiology by Dr. AshaIyengar.Effective communication in teaching – The art and its challenges by Dr. Chaya David.3D Printing – The next game changer by Dr. Bharat Mody.3D Printing – Paradigm shift in Dentistry by Dr. Suresh Ludhwani.3D Implant planning – Undo the unseen by Dr. Junaid Ahmed.Test, referrals and fitness prior to dental treatment by Dr. Selvamuthukumar.Empower and evolve the cutting edge – Practice management for OMR faculty, PG’s and Practitioners.Salivary gland imaging – Retrospection to prospection by Dr. K.P Sansare.Therapeutical aspects of oral mucosal lesions by Dr. Ramesh Tatapudi.Recapturing the cause and registering the identity through radiography by Dr. M.K Sunil. Postgraduates from all over India presented around 400 original research/paper presentations and around 70 presentations were given by faculty delegates in this conference.
The valedictory function was graced by Shri M K Lakshyaraj Singh JiMewar on 25th November from 4PM onwards, during this programme prize distribution was done. Prizes were distributed to various categories such as best paper, poster, research, highest scorer, quiz competition winners, reviewers etc.Shri M K Lakshyaraj Singh JiMewar enthralled the audience by his stupendous speech covering Dental profession, humanity, wellbeing of society, peace and integrity of the nation. He also enlightened about history, geography, economy and potential of Mewar (Udaipur) region. The mega scientific event of 30th national IAOMR Conference was finally concluded with extremely informative, interactive academic discussions and exchanges amongst faculty and delegates leading to summation of this conference theme “Retrospection to Prospection”.
International Conference on Chemical Sciences in New Era (October 05-06, 2018)
Chief Guest, Prof. M. L. Kalra, Former Vice-Chancellor, University of Kota, Kota stressed on organic superconductivity and role of chemistry in achieving the goal of room temperature superconductivity so that it can find more applications in various fields. He also stated that this conference will help research scholars to overcome several challenges so that they could convert their ideas into reality and will pave way towards development of new avenues in chemical sciences. Prof. B. P. Sharma, President, Pacific university chaired the inaugural session. He was worried about the future of conventional fuels and systems based on these. He also explained that our sages in ancient times has envisioned various concepts, which have been proved correct later on. It is the demand of the day to explore these ideas to make them firm footed on scientific basis. Prof. Hemant Kothari, Conference Director, introduced the PAHER University and its mission. He said that the growth of society is impossible without innovation in chemical sciences. Prof. Suresh C. Ameta, Conference Chairman, presented the growth of faculty of science in this University and a wide panorama of Chemical Science in the development of any country, its strength as well as economy. Prof. D. C. Mukherjee, President- Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata, has thrown light on implementation of green chemical research in industry for their multiple growths. Further, the invited speakers, Prof. K. Marumoto, University of Tsukuba, Japan, spoke (video presentation) on organic photovolatic and pervoskites solar cells. Prof. Mahima Birla, PAHER University, Udaipur presented her talk on Solid waste management and its future perspectives. Dr. Rakshit Ameta, J. R. N. Rajasthan Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Udaipur advocated the use of green chemical pathways as these are eco-friendly in nature and take care of environment in advance. Dr. Dharmesh Varade, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, discussed the intricacies of nanomaterials. The Conference Secretary, Dr. Neetu Shorgar, depicted the goal of the conference. The delegates presented their research paper in form of posters and some chemists in Young and Senior Scientist category were also awarded for their presentation. Dr. G. Purohit, delivered vote of thanks and programmes was convened by Dr. Surbhi Benjamin and Ms. Shaloo Dadhich.
- Guests of Events
- Chief Guest: Prof. M. L. Kalra, Former, Vice Chancellor, University of Kota, Kota.
- Guest of Honour: Prof. D. C. Mukherjee, President, Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata
- Presided By: Prof. B. P. Sharma, President, Pacific University, Udaipur.
- Invited Speakers: Prof. K. Marumotto, University of Tsukuba, Japan, Prof. Mahima Birla, PAHER University, Udaipur, Dr. Rakshit Ameta, J. R. N. Rajasthan Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Udaipur and Dr. Dharmesh Varade, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad.
- Young Scientist Awards: Mr. Jayesh Bhatt, Mr. Paras K. Patel, Mr. Bhupat Singh, Mr. Pranav Pandya, Ms. Rukshaar Banu, Ms. Kahkasan Ansari, Ms. Nutan Shalvi and Mr. Avinash Kumar Rai
- Senior Scientist Awards: Dr. Deep Kumar, Ms. Gyanshree Bora, Mr. Bhavin R. Patel, Ms. Shilpa N. Pandya, Ms. Pritismita, Dr. Ishanki Bhardwaj and Dr. Satish Kumar Ameta
International Seminar on Ethics & Values in Resource Management
- An International Seminar on Ethics & Values in Resource management was organized by the University jointly with the International Research Institute of Relative Economics (IRIRE), New Delhi.
- No. of Abstracts received and reviewed : 256
- No. of full length papers received : 242
- No. of full length papers accepted : 231
- Total number of delegates : Over 500
- Major highlights of the seminar were
- Shri B. R Agarwal, Chairman-Pacific Group; Prof. B. P. Sharma, VC-Pacific University; Shri Bhishm Narain Singh, ex- Governor; Shri Joginder Singh, retd. Director of CBI; Shri GVG Krishnamurthy, ex- Chief Election Commissioner; Shri Atul Bhai Kothari, organizing secretary-Shiksha Sanskriti Uthan Nyas, New Delhi; eminent writer Shri Ashwani Mahajan; Vice Chancellors of 5 Universities, Ambassadors of 7 countries and many other eminent persons participated as speakers and key persons during the inaugural, valedictory and five technical sessions of the seminar.
- A souvenir was also released on the occasion.
National Workshop on"State of economy of India and its Analysis" In Collaboration with Business Standard and Cairn India
Key points Covered:
- Current state of Indian Economy
- Causes for slow growth of Indian Economy
- Role of RBI in uplifting the economy from the present deareth
- The analysis of new measures announced by Mr. Raghuram Rajan-RBI Governor
- The role of budding managers in shaping the future of Indian Economy
An Innovative Workshop on "Effective Interpersonal Communication skill"
Building up the Listening, Assertiveness, Conflict Resolution, Collaboration and Coordinating abilities that the budding managers will encounter in the workplace. The objective is to teach the incumbents to communicate successfully in the many different situations with different skills
International Conference on Managing Change In Business & Economy
- Unprecedented 21 technical tracks
- 40 + concurrent sessions
The International conference on “Managing Change in Business & Economy”, held on 6 & 7 April, was an initiative of FMS. Pacific University. The event has turned to be a Mega Successful.
The Major highlights were:
- No. of Abstracts Received :More than1350
- No. of Full Length Papers Received:1200
- No. of Full Length Papers Accepted:1012
- No. of Paper Presented : 763
- Total no. of Delegates: 1000+
- No. of International Papers:53
International delegates Participated from countries like Iran, Iraq, Mexico, Italy, Bangladesh, Oman, Srilanka, UAE, Bhutan etc.
The International conference on “Contemporary Innovative Practices in Management”, held on 13th & 14th April, 2012 was an initiative of FMS, Pacific University. The event has turned to be a mega success promoting platform for educationists and scholars to amalgamate their ideas and analyze the latest trends of management practices prevailing in the corporate sector.
International delegates Participated from countries like Iran, Iraq, Mexico, Italy, Bangladesh, Oman, Srilanka, UAE, Bhutan etc.
The International seminar on “Tribal Development” held on 1st & 2nd June, 2012. More than 200 Abstracts with Original Research Papers from Faculty Members, Research Scholars, Social Scientists, Corporate Executives & Experts from across the length and breadth of our country, and even from across the borders have been received. The same have been published in our International Souvenir.
The four main sub themes of the seminar are:
- Economic Upliftment.
- Socio – Cultural Issues.
- Identification, Documentation, Preservation and
- Enhancement of traditional knowledge.
- Recommendations & Action Plans.
Dr. Subodh Agarwal, IAS, Commissioner, Tribal Area Development Dept. Udaipur, was invited as the chief guest for the mega event. The event has provided an ideal platform for educationists, social scientists and research scholars to have very meaningful brain storming sessions to amalgamate their ideas and thought processes on the subject. The two day event began with an inaugural st address on morning of 1 June followed by four technical nd sessions and valedictory program on 2 June 2012.
9th International Conference on 'Mapping Global Changes in Business, Economy, Society & Culture' Read More....
4th International Science Congress Conference ( ISC - 2014 )
Consumer Behavior in Hospitality and Tourism Industry
National Symposium on Bappa Rawal
International Seminar on Tribal Development 1 & 2 June 2012
International Seminar on Ethics & Value in Resource Management on 1st & 2nd November 2014
International Conference on Information and Communication Technology For Competitive Strategies
National Seminar on Presentation Skills and Intellectual Property Rights (May 22-23, 2015) Read More....
National Workshop on “Structural Equation Modeling using Software” ( June 13-14, 2015) Read More....
National Workshop on Good Clinical Research Methodology With Applied Statistical Analysis Read More....
National Continuing Dental Education Programme on Research Methodology and Data Analysis Through Software Read More....
RSC Symposium on Physical Methods in Chemical Sciences (October 02 - 03, 2016) Read More....
National Conference on Frontiers in Chemical Sciences (October 04, 2016)
Department of PG Studies and Department of Chemistry, Pacific University in association with Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata organized one day National Conference on Frontiers in Chemical Sciences. In all more than 200 participants from across the country presented their research papers.
Guests of Events:
- Chief Guest: Prof. Uma Shanker Sharma, Vice Chancellor, MPUAT, Udaipur.
- Guest of Honour: Prof. B.L. Verma, Formal Professor & Head, Dept. of Chemistry, MLSU, & Prof. D.C. Mukherjee, Honorary Secretary – Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata.
- Presided By: Prof. B.P. Sharma, President, Pacific University.
- Invited Speakers: Prof. Anshu Dandia, Rajasthan University, Prof. Ali Mohammad, Aligarh Muslim University and Prof. S.K. Das, University of Calcutta.
- Young Scientist Award: Arun Sharma, Gaurav Joshi, Champa Maurya, Taruna Dangi.
- Senior Scientist Award: Nishant Anasane, Prem Chandra Suthar and Dr. Garima Ameta. Read More....